Sunday, November 15, 2009

apple chicken curry with brown rice

This was the first time I attempted to make a curry and it actually turned out pretty good. Unfortunately it does not look as appetizing as it is tasty but it's curry...what can you expect? And a major plus, my 11 month old liked it...so much that he had 2 bowls! I can't wait to make this again although I will probably wait until my husband comes home or I have dinner guests because Maddox and I were stuck with a LOT of leftover curry.

Apple Chicken Curry with brown rice

1 medium onion, chopped
2 apples, peeled and chopped
3 T. butter
3 T. all purpose flour
1 T. curry powder
1 lb chicken breast or tenders, cut into bite sized pieces (you can use more chicken if you are feeding more tummies :)
1 cup hot chicken broth
1 cup milk
3/4 cup raisins (I used golden raisins but you could use either or none at all)
salt and pepper
1 T. oil or butter to saute chicken

  • cook chicken in a skillet with oil or butter, set aside
  • saute apple and onion in butter until slightly tender, add the curry powder and cook for about a minute
  • add the flour to the apple mixture and cook for 30 seconds before adding the hot chicken broth and milk, stirring well to make sure no flour is sticking. let simmer for about 3 minutes
  • add chicken and raisins; the curry can continue to simmer over low heat for 5 minutes before serving. season with salt and pepper to taste
  • serve over brown rice

No comments:

Post a Comment