Saturday, November 7, 2009

holiday no-sew blanket

I have been feeling extra crafty lately so I decided to make Maddox a Christmas blanket. My sewing machine is on the fritz (right before the holidays of course!) so I just bought 2 pieces of fleece and essentially tied them together. Super simple! It did take me a few hours but I did the cutting while Maddox was napping and the tying while he was running back and forth across it and trying to "help". I know there are tons of tutorials out there for how to make these but I really liked this one. I used 1 1/4 yards of fleece and it made the perfect size for a toddler bed. I am thinking about making a smaller blanket using just 1 yard to take along in the car or stroller.

I am definitely addicted to this now! It is so, so easy and I love all of the cute fleece patterns you can find. Great to make for last minute gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment