Wednesday, September 2, 2009

going home

I just bought a plane ticket to visit my family in Alabama. I have been putting it off because of the fear of flying with a baby. I have only flown 4 times in my life so I am not that familiar with airports and usually manage to get lost and begin panicking over the thought of missing my flight. So the prospect of doing that with baby in tow is enough to make me queezy.

I have only been home once since my son was born, and I drove, alone, with a 4 1/2 month old. What was I thinking? I don't know but I do know that I will NEVER do that again. We did break it up into two days, stopping half way to stay overnight, but it was still hard! I listened to several audio books to keep myself from dying of the boredom that comes with being in a car for 13 hours without anyone to talk to....other than the screaming child in the back seat who, after the first day, decided he never wanted to be in a carseat again. So lets hope that we have better luck on the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment