Thursday, September 17, 2009

"of course they are homemade.."

I try to make it a point to send my husband something baked or bad for him at least once a month. I am not exactly know for my amazing homemade cookies...so of course, he usually requests chocolate chip. My cookies always seem to come out a bit extra crispy so you add on the travel time it takes for them to make it to the other side of the world and they become personal weapons. My husband never complains but I can imagine him excitedly opening the package only to find a bag full of cookies hard enough to use in combat. So I started trying out different cookie mixes and refrigerated doughs. That is how I fell in love with Betty Crocker "Homemade cookies in 20 minutes". It's just cookie mix in a bag and you add 1 egg and a stick of butter, stir it up, scoop them out onto the pan and bake. Not only are they super easy, but each batch costs less than $2.00. The cookies come out moist and slightly chewy and I even kept a few in a bag for about 2 weeks to see what my husband could expect and they were still soft and just as yummy! The best part...Brandon can't tell they are not really made from scratch...I guess he thinks I have just gotten better at baking.

2 comments:

  1. ha! can't tell unless he reads this, right?? :)

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is too busy to read this so no worries :)

    ReplyDelete