Saturday, October 10, 2009

the perfect autumn day

When I woke up this morning, shivering under the covers, I knew it was going to be a good day! We are having a cold front so of course I went through the house and opened every window and then bundled Maddox and myself up in sweaters and thick socks. I was actually able to enjoy my coffee without having to crank up the a/c.

We started the day off with generous helpings of delicious pumpkin pancakes. (I found this recipe at Life Every Day, thanks Megan!!) They were soooo yummy! I can't wait to make these for my husband...he and I share a deep love for pancakes.

After that, I decided we should head to the park so I could walk off the maple syrup. This was the first time we have been to the park since Maddox started walking so it was a whole new world to him! And it was his first time in the "big boy" swing. He was so serious about the whole experience, it was sooo cute...my baby is not really a baby anymore!!



2 comments:

  1. glad you liked the pancakes! they are really great! (i hate how buzzed i feel after i eat syrup, though, i always feel like my neck tingles! :) )

    it's so funny hear you welcome the cold- i appreciate each season, but fall has been VERY unseasonably cold, with SNOW here already- not so easy to welcome the cold for me!! yikes!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute! I love the pics in the swing. He's just like, "I am so not amused by this photo shoot." Haha!

    ReplyDelete