Thursday, October 1, 2009

granola: take 2

I have to say that this time, the granola is pretty darn good. I made this batch for my mother while we were visiting with her, so the ingredients are a little different from what I would ususally put together for myself, but even so I couldn't stop eating it!


This time I used:
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon water
cinnamon (I just poured some in until it smelled like enough)
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup dried fruit-raisons and cranberries
I mixed all of the dry ingredients together in one bowl, except for the fruit. Then I mixed the wet ingredients in a small sauce pan and let simmer for 1 minute before pouring over the dry ingredients and mixed it all together. I spread the granola out on a greased cookie sheet and baked at 275 degrees for 30 minutes ( I stirred the mix halfway through) and then added the dried fruit and continued baking for another 10 minutes.
It turned out fabulous! Cooking at a lower temp for a longer time really gave the oats the perfect crunch. I am going to try this method again once I get home and add a few more things that I like.

1 comment:

  1. looks great! i love that you put the pecans and fruit in it- my husband hates granola with nuts and fruit...so i add them later...

    Megan

    ReplyDelete